Interview questions you need to ask before and during interview.
Suggestions for interview QA, software testing
- Try to find out who is going to do the interview (possible background information of interviewer)?
- Try to find out any terminologies that the company may use.
- If you do not recognize a term ask for further definition. You may know the methodology/term but you have used a different name for it.
- Always keep in mind that the employer wants to know what you are going to do for them, with that you should always stay/be positive.
Do not ask questions like: How do you describe your management stile?
Be able to talk about any of your weaknesses and make them positives
Be prepared to tell about what you like most and least in software testing job.
Understand the difference between open-ended and closed questions.
Be prepared for the following questions:
- What role do you usually play in the team?
- How do you handle conflict?
- How do you handle technical problem?
- Describe situation in which you solved problem.
- What exactly do you enjoy doing in software testing?
Questions to ask during an interview
- What is the structure of the company?
- What is the employer's environment (platforms, tools, etc.)?
- What languages are you using for applications?
- What SDLC (software development life cycle) is used for development?
- On what period of life cycle software testing begun?
- Do you have clear real life database for software testing?
- Do you have requirements and were they revised for software testing purposes?
- Do you have any company standards for QA and software testing?
- What are the employer's methods and processes used in software arena?
- What kinds of assignments might I expect in the first six months of the job?
- What do you like best about your company?
- What projects do you have in the development stage now?
- What are your plans for expansion?
- How important does upper management consider the function of this position to be?
- Could you describe your company's management style and the type of employee
who fits well with it?
- What are the company's strengths and weaknesses compared to its competition?
- How will my leadership responsibilities and performance be measured?
- What are your growth projections for next year?
- Have you cut your staff in the last three years?
- Is this a new position or am I replacing someone?
- Do you have an independent auditor?
- Do you have bug – trucking system?
- Do you have any tools and templates for making software testing job easier?
- Dribble ware is not you politic, is it?
- What about an expectation of overtime?
- Do you have any compensation package?
- What does your insurance include?
- What time you expect me to get familiar with the software testing environment?
- What kind of testing I will be doing and what will be my main job responsibilities?
- How many testers and programmers do you have? What is expected ratio in future?
- How quickly company is growing?
- What is the employer's philosophy?
- What is the project all about you are interviewing for(find out as much information as possible)?
- What is the structure of the software testing team?
- What are the responsibilities of the software testing team members?
- How many computers are in the software testing lab?
- What kinds of software testing tools are installed in the software testing lab?
- What is the ratio between software developers and testers in the company?
- What software development and QA methodologies is the company using?
- How soon do you expect to make a hiring decision?
- What software testing tasks will be assigned to me in the first 30 days?
- Do you want assign to me some special software testing initiatives?
On this page I put Questions software tester need to ask before and during interview. This Questions are very simple but But can be very useful for software testers. The interview question found above are listed in order of complexity. However all new interview questions (regardless of there difficulty) will be added to the bottom of the list. You can find more Interview Questions related to Software testing on our main page.
END Questions you need to ask before and during interview.
Find more about
Interview , Resume advices, job interview tactics and negotiating advices
Take five minute management training
Software Management Lessons, advices, job Promotion tactics and Promotion advices
Extreme Software testing Main Page
© January 2006 Alex Samurin geocities.com/xtremetesting/ © 2009 eXtremeSoftwareTesting.com